Pages

Does The Word Emergency Goes With The Word Delayed?

I had a lot of work to do today and I really wasn’t in the mood of writing anything, but, after I finished my work I went searching the internet about the Gaza massacre, trying to find out other opinions than Al-Jazeera and CNN, when I came across a headline on the heraldsun.com.au it was taken from the news agency Thomson Reuters, the headline says “Arab emergency meeting delayed” after that I couldn’t help but go and look up the word emergency and see what it really means, maybe I was confusing it with another word, anyway, here is what I found:

Dictionary.com said:
a sudden, urgent, usually unexpected occurrence or occasion requiring immediate action.

merriam-webster.com said:
1 : an unforeseen combination of circumstances or the resulting state that calls for immediate action.
2 : an urgent need for assistance or relief.

I think the previous two are enough, and if you look it in more dictionaries you’ll get the same, which means that I was not wrong, the two words emergency and delayed can’t come together.

Congratulations Arabs, we’ve just hit rock bottom.

No comments: