Pages

Memories

You can hear people saying sometimes, I wish there is a pill to erase bad memories, but how did you know that what happened an hour or two ago is going to be a bad memory? maybe it's a bad experience, but you can't say it's a bad memory until you remember it after a long time, and you feel really bad when you do, then you can call it a bad memory. And I think that it's hard to have a bad memory.

a couple of days ago I was looking at some old photos, some of these photos were taken in really bad times, but much to my surprise, it was the photos that I smiled the most when I looked at. I've always thought these were bad memories of bad days, but they weren't, as I said earlier these were just some bad experiences, and those bad experiences along with the good and successful ones are what made me who I am now, these are the bricks that built my personality.

We've always thought that school times are the worst, we've always prayed to god days and nights for these days to be over, at prom night, we were the happiest people on earth and we thought that the worst is over, and now the easy life will begin.

After going to university, we found out that it's not as easy as we thought, in fact, it was harder than school time, you are older now, people will expect more from you, and not just that, it's actually the first step towards the real life, so it had to be in the right direction. But how would you know the right direction? you never know, you just speculate. So here we are again praying to god for these days to end, we wanted to start working, because we thought it's going to be easier.

With high hopes we finish collage, we celebrate it and put ourselves to sleep, dreaming about the brighter tomorrow, but guess what? it's real life now, you can't pray for it to end too, because it will mean the end of your life. It's hard, hard work, fake smiles and friendships, full of backstabbing and double crossings, we curse it everyday, and yet after sometime, you look at those days, the days you spent at your old job, and smile, and think it wasn't that bad.

And i say it now, it's not that bad, no matter how hard it is, it is still not that bad. Now just to be clear here, I was not talking about school or university days as whole, I was just talking about the bad days, and so is life after college.

Something that is worth mentioning by the way, I am really surprised with how much I wrote about this, when I started I didn't even have anything to write, but as soon as I started, I didn't stop to think of the next word at all. And I'm not really sure about what's going on here, because i'm not usually romantic like this :-s

Something tells me that I'll come back to this post few days later, and realize that it was something Forrest Gump had probably said while sitting on that bench talking to the old lady and waiting for that bus! yea.. that bus, the one that was supposed to take him to the place he wanted to be the most.

No comments: